Only big brands use TV advertising, right? WRONG!
Advertising on TV is both an affordable and, more importantly, an extremely cost effective option for all businesses, whether they are large or small and irrespective of who they are trying to target. Don’t believe us? Well, hopefully these facts will help convince you:
- Across 2018, a total of 867 new brands advertised on TV, including companies like Dollar Shave Club and Carabao. Of these, over 250 spent under £20k.
- In terms of investment, over 1,000 of all advertisers spent £50k or less on their TV advertising across 2018. At the other end of the spectrum, almost 275 spent £5m+.
- Interestingly, online businesses were the biggest investors in TV advertising in 2018 and year on year, they increased their commitment to TV advertising by 7%.
- Research has shown that TV delivers 71% of all profit generated by advertising over a 3 year timeframe, with an average return of £4.20 for every £1 invested
- On average, it only costs £6 to reach 1,000 adults with a 30 second TV advert – that equates to just 0.6p per person.
So, why is TV so great for driving success for businesses and brands? Below are some of the key reasons - click on each to find out more:
- TV advertising is more effective than ever
Whether in the short term or the long, TV advertising delivers the most profit at the greatest cost-efficiency and for the lowest risk.
- TV is the heart of the video world
TV is the most popular form of video, accounting for 69% of the average person’s video diet and 94.6% of the video advertising they see.
- TV has unbeatable scale and reach
Reach is critical in advertising and no other form of advertising can build scale as quickly and powerfully as TV.
- TV is vital for long-term success
TV advertising works and it works fast. But that’s only part of its power. The effects of TV advertising accumulate over time; the longer you advertise, the bigger the effect.
- TV fuels other media
TV drives activity elsewhere in the media eco-system and consistently makes other elements of advertising campaigns work harder.
- TV is everywhere
TV is now everywhere. It continues to colonise every screen in sight, in and out of the home. It accompanies us wherever we go – and brands with it.
- TV creates emotion & makes brands famous
Every brand wants to be a household name – and nothing creates fame like TV.
- TV is crucial to word of mouth
Nothing gets people talking like TV. TV brings brands into conversations.
- TV drives rapid response
TV advertising starts working immediately and carries on delivering for years into the future. However, its short-term effects can be hidden or overlooked.
- TV works across categories
TV advertising has a powerful overall effect on sales and profit, but when you look at individual categories like retail, finance and FMCG you find that TV is the best performing media for each.
- TV is at the heart of creative effectiveness
There is a direct correlation between strong advertising creativity and business success. And TV is at the heart of creative effectiveness.
- TV is brand safest
TV advertising has a responsibility to exercise its power and influence with care and is held to a higher standard through strict regulation – and viewers know it.