This film tells the story of Volkswagen’s T-ROC launch, which took home ‘Best collaboration’ at the Thinkbox TV Planning Awards 2019.
In a cluttered category, VW needed to create stand out for their first ever Small SUV, the T-ROC. PHD and adam&eveDDB built a campaign which seamlessly connected creative and media to deliver an integrated launch strategy all anchored around being confident, and thus, Bam the Ram was born.
- Customer demand outstripped supply and the T- ROC became the UK’s most successful Small SUV launch for 7 years – despite overall UK car sales declining -12% during its crucial launch period.
- T-ROC’s website became the most visited car model site of ANY car in the UK.
- Volkswagen’s YouGov Brand Index score hit its highest level for 2 years.
- VW brand consideration and purchase intent for the VW brand both increased considerably.
- The campaign flexed to utilise the individual strengths of each channel, but it was the fame-driving strengths of TV that propelled Bam into the limelight and fuelled our ability to smash the drab norms of the category.
How do you make things famous; how do you really engrain something in the mind of people? Television was the lead medium to accomplish that objective, to give him (Bam) that level of scale, that level of boldness and confidence to really engender a personality, TV was crucial in building up to that moment.
Andrew McLean Head of Planning, PHD
- Andrew McLean, Head of Planning, PHD
- Kate Bush, Communications Manager, Volkswagen
- Matthew Harris, Business Director, adam&eveDDB (2013 - 2020)