BBH London’s Christmas commercial for Tesco set out to squeeze a smile out of the pandemic crisis … and succeeded. It was voted by the Thinkbox Academy to be the winner in the November/December Thinkboxes.
With 74% of the nation saying they wanted to see light-hearted content in festive ad offerings, the humorous Tesco advert showed people from across Britain worrying about the things that might put them on the naughty list at Christmas - from bad video call etiquette to buying too much loo roll.
- Creative agency: BBH
- Creative team: Daniel Seager, Steve Hall, Tom Drew
- Client: Alessandra Bellini, Emma Botton, Sarah Parmar
- Production company: Somesuch
- Director: Raine Allen-Miller
Other shortlisted ads:
Amazon 'The show must go on'
- Creative agency: Lucky Generals
- Client: Jennifer Omran
- Production company: Pretty Bird
- Director: Melina Matsoukas
John Lewis & Waitrose and Partners 'Give a little love'
- Creative agency: adam&eve/DDB
- Creative team: Richard Brim, Matt Gay, Fergal Ballance, Gen Gransden, Selma Ahmed
- Client: Emma Wood
- Production company: Pulse Films
- Director: Oscar Hudson
NHS 'Then, now, always'
- Creative agency: MullenLowe London
- Creative team: Jose-Miguel Sokoloff, Lovisa Silburn, Nick Bell
- Client: Ian Hampton
- Production company: Riff Raff Films
- Director: Ed Morris
Plenty 'Merry Xmess'
- Creative agency: AMV BBDO
- Creative team: Dan Warner, Andy Vasey, Jamie Starbuck, Prabhu Wignarajah, Toby Allen, Jim Hilson
- Client: Martina Poulopati
- Production company: Somesuch x Revolver
- Director: Steve Rogers