McDonald’s latest ad, 'Night Workers', which was shot before the coronavirus crisis, highlights how the restaurant serves the night-shift workers who are often unseen by the rest of us. It was voted the best TV ad by the Thinkbox Academy of all those that debuted in March and April.
- Creative agency: Leo Burnett London
- Creative team: Chaka Sobhani, Pete Heyes, Rory Hall, Steph Ellis, Lou Pegg
- Clients: Ben Fox, Hannah Pain
- Production company: Rogue Films
- Director: Sam Brown
Other shortlisted ads:
Lurpak 'Where there are cooks, there is hope'
Building on the brand’s reputation as the Champion of Good Food, this campaign from Lurpak reminds us that every moment in the kitchen is an opportunity to make a difference.
- Creative agency: Wieden+Kennedy London
- Creative team: Tom Bender, Tom Corcoran, Sophie Bodoh, Scott Dungate, Carlos Alija, Laura Sampedro
- Client: Christian Fischer
- Production company: Somesuch
- Director: Kim Gehrig
Tena wanted to challenge the idea that incontinence is a subject either best made fun of or apologised about. They worked with real women over 55 to create a script that made the audience deliberately uncomfortable. To show that even though our bodies might change, our desires, feelings and confidence, shouldn’t have to.
- Creative agency: AMV BBDO
- Creative team: Clark Edwards, Andre Hull, Julia Merino, Verity Fenner
- Client: Jason Kaplanis
- Production company: Merman
- Director: Yorgos Lanthimos
Tesco ‘Food Love Stories: Dedications’
Food has always played a powerful role in connecting people. Now, more than ever, we are all in need of nourishment, of body and soul.
Here, Tesco, the UK’s biggest supermarket, rallies real members of the public to make food and dedicate it to the ones they love. It’s part of the retailer’s #FoodLoveStories campaign. And, in case it all gets a bit too saccharine, there’s a dash of toddler honesty thrown in at the end to raise a smile.
- Creative agency: BBH
- Creative team: Oliver Short, Jennifer Ashton, Tom Drew
- Client: Alicia Southgate
- Production company: Black Sheep Studios
Virgin Media ‘Stay home, stay safe, stay connected’
As the UK went into lockdown in March, it quickly became clear how important it was to ensure sure we stay in touch with our loved ones. Through the internet, people have found ways to stay fit, achieve sporting glory, eat dinner from their favourite restaurants, keep the pub quiz alive, find love and comfort one another. This campaign from Virgin Media pays tribute to all the ingenious, resilient and heart-warming ways people have been keeping connected.
- Creative agency: adam&eveDDB
- Creative team: Time Vance, Paul Knott
- Client: Katie Kinchin-Smith