The Thinkboxes are the only awards to celebrate the UK’s world-beating TV ad creativity, in all its forms at regular way-points through the year.
In association with Campaign, these bi-monthly awards were designed to inspire audiences and engage them in discussion and debate about the nature of great TV creative.
As well as paying homage to the creative team and director, The Thinkboxes also recognises the crucial role that the advertiser plays in briefing and championing outstanding TV creativity, a role that is often under-rewarded.
What material is eligible
These bi-monthly awards celebrate and honour all forms of TV ad creativity from the timeless spot ad on broadcast TV to sponsorship idents, broadcaster video on demand as well as addressable TV. If in doubt about the eligibility of your work, please send us an email.
How to enter
These awards are free to enter. If you'd like your TV creative work to be entered for a given two-month period, please email [email protected] and make sure you submit it to us before the deadline below.
There are six awards throughout the year:
|Award Period||Submission Deadline|
|Jan-Feb||Monday 20th February
|Mar-Apr||Monday 24th April
|May-Jun||Monday 26th June|
|July-Aug||Monday 21st August
|Sept-Oct||Monday 23rd October
|Nov-Dec||Monday 4th December
Every two months a panel of judges from Thinkbox devise a shortlist of 5 pieces of work (maximum), which they feel depicts the true meaning of ‘ad creativity’ – this is then put to the vote. The shortlist will be available to view on Campaignlive.co.uk, the Thinkbox website and on social media.
The selection of the winner
The short-listed work will then be submitted to the Thinkbox Academy who will rank the top 3 ads in order according to which they believe to be the best. There will be one overall winner each month. The winner will be the piece of work which has been ranked in first place by the greatest number of Academy members. Only if there is a tie for first place will the 2nd and then 3rd place votes come into consideration.
The advertiser and creative team responsible for the winning ad will each receive a specially designed Thinkbox award. They will also be celebrated on Campaignlive.co.uk, on the Thinkbox website and across social media. The individuals involved will also automatically be invited to join the prestigious Thinkbox Academy (and therefore will be involved in judging all subsequent Thinkbox bi-monthly creative material).
Thinkboxes ground rules
- These awards are open to all formats of TV advertising creativity which surround and support professionally produced commercial TV Programming in the UK.
- Creative work must have been shown in the UK on broadcast TV, on Broadcaster VOD or addressable TV.
- Any work which has been withdrawn as a result of an intervention by a regulatory body is or becomes ineligible.
- All work entered must have had the all-clear (where necessary) by Clearcast.
- You may be asked to supply proof of placement in case of dispute.
- Agencies or advertisers must submit creative work to Thinkbox for consideration By the dates above.
- Work will be short-listed by a panel of judges Thinkbox.
- A maximum shortlist of 5 pieces of work will then be voted on by the members of the Thinkbox Academy. The shortlist will be published in Campaign.
- The winner will be the piece of work with the most first place votes from Academy members. If there is a tie, the 2nd and then 3rd place votes will be taken into consideration.
- Results will be announced in Campaign and on the Thinkbox website.
- Creative work which wins in any given period is ineligible for entry in any subsequent competitions.
- By entering for these awards you agree that Thinkbox can feature your campaign in any awards publicity including the Thinkbox website, Campaignlive.co.uk as well as on social media.