‘Made of More’: Guinness increases global effectiveness
Guinness’ ‘Made of More’ campaign was the proud winner of an IPA Effectiveness Award. In building a long-term strategy and developing their global creative platform over several years, Guinness was able to deliver strong returns and increase the efficiency on their ROI.
From a group of friends who show loyalty and communion in ‘Wheelchair Basketball’ to the boldness of gentlemen in ‘Sapeurs’, right through to the narrative pride around the rugby home nations, the case study tells the story of how perseverance led to an extremely effective period for the Guinness brand.
- The Revenue ROI was £19.90 per £1 spent
- The total Profit ROI of ‘Made of More’ was £3.88 per £1 spent (almost twice the category norm)
- Guinness saw a decrease in price sensitivity as well as an increase in awareness which continued to grow
- Guinness worked steadily to hone in on their creative process which yielded strong results for the brand
Watch Alison Falconer (Global Planning Director, Guinness & Beer, Diageo) and David Edwards (Strategic Partner, AMV BBDO) talking through the journey of the brand as they developed distinctness and salience and ultimately delivered improving returns.
We’ve learnt how to use the power to attract and engage that’s always been embedded in the distinctiveness of Guinness, by celebrating people with character, integrity and confident self-expression, and groups that live life on their own terms. These concepts shape all our briefs globally.
Alison Falconer Global Planning Director, Guinness & Beer, Diageo
This paper was a good story, well told. We really appreciated the honesty of the case, their commitment to learning as they went, and ‘Made of More’ as an overarching brand purpose is genius.
Sarah Warby Sainsbury's
- Alison Falconner, Global Planning Director, Guinness & Beer, Diageo
- David Edwards, Strategy Partner, AMV BBDO