TV works across categoriesDownload
Ebiquity and Gain Theory’s ‘Profit Ability: the business case for advertising’ showed the impressive overall effect that TV has on short and long-term profit, but it also drilled down into key individual categories – FMCG, Retail and Financial Services – to uncover TV’s influence.
- Although TV receives 74% of the advertising budget, it delivers 85% of all advertising-generated short-term profit and 87% in the long term
- TV is also the safest investment in the long term, with 67% of campaigns paying back on the investment or more
- In the short-term, TV is responsible of 59% of the advertising-generated profit. Over the long term this increases to 71%
- 96% of TV campaigns for Retail brands return a profit, higher than any other form of advertising
For Financial Services:
- 92% of TV advertising campaigns pay back with an average profit ROI of £4.96
- TV is responsible for 66% of advertising-generated profit in the short term and 71% in the long term
To download slides, click the button at the top of this page.