TV is enormous, accounting for 38% of the average person’s media day, according to IPA Touchpoints 2020.
The Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board’s (BARB) rigorous measurement of TV shows that:
- The average viewer in the UK watches a total of 3 hours, 22 minutes of Broadcaster TV a day
- The average person watched 35.5 minutes of SVOD a day
- 68% of adults watch 50+ linear TV ads a day
- BVOD can help reach lighter linear viewers: 60% of BVOD viewing generated by the lightest half of linear viewers
Thinkbox’s analysis of video consumption in the UK, using 2020 data from the best industry sources available, including BARB, comScore, IPA Touchpoints, and Rentrak, showed that:
- TV is the most popular form of video, accounting for 75% of the average person’s video diet
- YouTube, accounts for 13%, TikTok 1.4% of all video viewing
- More importantly for advertisers, TV accounts for 91% of all video advertising that is seen
To download slides, click the button at the top of this page.