Thinkbox’s analysis of video consumption in the UK, using 2020 data from the best industry sources available, including BARB, comScore, IPA Touchpoints, and Rentrak, showed that:
- Total video time grew by a significant amount in 2020: 40 minutes per person per day.
- TV (broadcaster + SVOD) accounts for 75% of the average video day
- Amongst 16-34s, TV accounts for 56% of video viewing time
- Broadcaster TV continues to be the largest single portion of video viewing (incl. for 16-34s)
- The TV set is the home of high quality content
- More importantly for advertisers, TV accounts for 91% of all video advertising that is seen
- YouTube accounted for 5.6% of video advertising; TikTok 1.4% of video advertising.
To download slides, click the button at the top of this page.