The ad tells the story of the Tooth Fairy’s struggle to build her collections and deliveries business until her decision to advertise on TV takes it to a whole new level.
Success brings its own challenges, of course, as many new to TV advertisers will be familiar with, such as the sudden need to satisfy a surge in demand and expand the workforce. But these are nice problems to have. The ad ends with the line “TV advertising. The results are legendary."
The Tooth Fairy’s journey is a common one for many businesses. Early growth is delivered through word of mouth, paid search, social media, and sales promotion. But businesses reach a point when they can’t grow much further, where existing activity fails to deliver the same effects for the same investment. Not even wings can help. To scale up the business and generate new demand they turn to TV, with its ability to drive reach, engender trust, forge emotional connections and build famous brands.
This is Mother London’s first TV campaign for Thinkbox since appointed as our creative agency earlier this year. Media planning and buying is by MediaCom.
This could have been a televised case study of one of the multitude of businesses that TV has transformed in real life. But we have plenty of rational case studies available on our website. Much better to use TV for what it is so incredibly good at: emotionally engaging storytelling at scale. Step forward the dynamic entrepreneur who is the Tooth Fairy.
Mother London have done a brilliant job bringing to life how TV advertising drives her business to dizzy new heights with a warmth and humour that we hope people everywhere will enjoy. We also hope that many businesses out there might recognise themselves and their potential in the Tooth Fairy’s story.
Andrew MacGillivray Marketing Director, Thinkbox
Thinkbox's TV advertising
Thinkbox’s TV ads have been doing their best to entertain the nation, and catch the eye of marketing directors everywhere, since 2009.
Whether in the short or long term, nothing comes close to TV advertising in driving profit and growth for businesses. At the heart of what TV advertising can do is its unbeatable scale and reach, its cultural and emotional impact, and its ability to get people talking.
From 12 December 2019, the new Thinkbox TV ad will be screened across a variety of broadcast and on-demand TV channels represented by Thinkbox’s shareholders and their partner channels. Thinkbox’s shareholders are Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media, Turner Broadcasting, and UKTV who together represent over 99% of commercial TV advertising revenue through their owned and partner TV channels.
- Creative Agency: Mother London
- Creative: Mother
- Strategy: Mother
- Director: Benji Weinstein
- Production company: Smuggler
- Producer: Kate Noble
- Director of Photography: Simon Richards
- Editor: Max Windows at Stitch
- Colourist: George K at Black Kite
- VFX Supervisor: Dan Sanders
- Motion Design Lead: Ashley Tyas
- Post Production Producer: Amy Richardson
- Sound Engineer: Sam Robson at 750MPH
- Music Supervision: Arnold Hattingh at Theodore Music
Media planning & buying credits:
- Agency: MediaCom
- Associate Director: Sarah Glassey
- Media Manager: Alan Meech
- AV Associate Director: Tim Williams
- AV Senior Planner: Lizzie Davis
- AV Associate Director: Lauren Gore
- AV Buyer: Freddie Jackson
- Digital Associate Director: Gemma Jebb
- Digital Manager: Daniel Glynn
- Senior Operations Specialist: Harry Barnes