The Demand Generator, powered by econometrics, helps you maximise business returns from your media investment.
It allows you to interrogate optimum media mixes, based on specific business parameters, to drive increased profit or revenue across the first year of investment and the resulting ‘base’ sales growth across the following two years.
This optimiser draws on data from 50 Mediacom, Wavemaker and Gain Theory client brands, totalling some £1.4 billion of media spend over 3 years. These have been carefully chosen to represent as many business types as possible.
How to use
- Select the options most relevant for your brand
- Results will automatically display once all fields complete
- Tick “Year 2” and “Year 3” to view impact of same investment in subsequent periods
- Adjust criteria and results automatically update
- PDF download available
- Direct mail and SEO are not included. This is because the data for the 50 brands which fuel this tool does not include a robust volume of effectiveness data for these two channels.
- Brand search and affiliates are not included. These are considered pure ‘fulfilment’ media which facilitate a sale but don’t generate demand for a brand. These channels should be budgeted separately. Fulfilment costs have a bearing on advertising effectiveness (the revenue/profit/ROI would be lower, if included).
- As budget is allocated at an annual level, the tool does not account for the impact of changes in weekly weights and flighting.
- The Demand Generator assumes no restrictions on planning across all the media channels listed. For example, the analysis assumes there is advertising creative available for all media.
- This optimiser cannot account for the impact of creative messaging. Creative strength or type (i.e. rational activation versus emotive brand) will have a strong bearing on the impact over time. A campaign where the execution is more skewed towards an emotive brand-driving message will have a weaker short-term effect, but a stronger longer-term impact on ‘base’ sales. Conversely, a campaign where the execution is skewed towards a rational activation message will have a higher short-term effect but lower long-term impact on ‘base’ sales.
- The Demand Generator provides general guidance for media investment based on the selection criteria available. Individual advertisers will need to consider other factors that will affect their advertising performance, such as seasonality and specific distribution needs.
- *Revenue/profit/ROI confidence levels are based on the ‘interquartile range’, which removes the top and bottom quarter of outliers in terms of campaign performance.