- Job Title: Agency Relationship Manager
- Reports to: Head of Training
Thinkbox is the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK, in all its forms. It works with the marketing community with a single ambition: to help advertisers get the best out of today’s TV.
Its shareholders are Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media and UKTV, who together represent over 99% of commercial TV advertising revenue through their owned and partner TV channels. Associate Members are TAM Ireland, Think TV (Australia), thinktv (Canada), TVN Media (Poland), TV Globo (Brazil), Tenk TV (Norway), DSTv (South Africa), and Virgin Media. Discovery Networks UK & Ireland and STV also give direct financial support.
TV has more to offer advertisers than ever before. In a cluttered media world, with new voices clamouring for advertisers’ attention, TV continues to stand out as proven, trusted and – most importantly – pre-eminently effective.
TV shapes popular culture. The investment our broadcasters make in premium quality TV shows catering to every taste – and available on any screen you wish – creates an advertising environment that is second to none.
From ensuring that the facts about TV are known (and myths challenged) to understanding how and why TV advertising works, explaining how TV is changing, showcasing innovative and affordable solutions, and constantly providing the rigorous proof of effectiveness that advertisers need, Thinkbox is here to help businesses meet their marketing objectives.
Thinkbox is a member of The Global TV Group, the informal grouping of TV broadcasters, sales houses, and trade bodies in Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia, and Latin America. The Global TV Group is a forum for sharing knowledge, exchanging best practice, and collating global TV intelligence www.theglobaltvgroup.com.
Thinkbox has won many awards over the years for both its research and its TV advertising, including Media Owner/Trade Body of the year twice at the Mediatel Media Research Awards; several Gold awards at the Media Week Awards; Best Trade Body Research at the MRG Awards; Best B2B Educational Series at The Drum Awards; Best Media Research at the MRS Awards; and ITV’s Ad of the Year in a poll of ITV viewers.
There are two teams working to the Research & Planning Director – a research team, which is responsible for managing all the original and syndicated research that Thinkbox buys or commissions; and a planning team, which is responsible for managing our communications and services for agency and advertisers. Both teams are responsible for educating, inspiring and delivering first class insight about all things television. This role reports into the Head of Training.
The key elements of the role will be as follows;
- Develop and present a range of themed presentations and other communications showcasing the power of television and highlighting how it can be used even more effectively.
- Build and develop relationships with media agencies to ensure they are aware of all that Thinkbox has to offer and are taking advantage of the services we provide.
- Work with agencies to understand their planning offering, be aware of all the different planning tools in the market and share this knowledge with the rest of the Thinkbox team.
- Help produce content and play a key role within our online training programme, TV Masters, as well as producing ad-hoc training to advertisers and media agencies when required.
- Work with the Research team, in developing and showcasing Thinkbox’s primary research projects.
- Produce case studies demonstrating how TV has been used in the past to strong effect.
- Work with the rest of the Thinkbox team to deliver maximum impact from our events in London and regionally and develop events from scratch where required
- Work with the web team to provide up to date, high quality content for all relevant parts of the Thinkbox website.
- Work with the marketing team to evolve, market and improve the TV planning awards, take part in the judging process and provide constructive feedback to those not short-listed.
- Take responsibility for the running of the Thinkbox planning helpdesk and ensure that all queries are fully answered to the best of our knowledge.
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential that the ideal candidate has a full and thorough understanding of the media planning process. They will have several years’ experience in a media agency or media owner.
They will have a passion for television – both as a viewer and in terms of its role as an advertising medium, with a good sense of the programmes and schedules produced by UK broadcasters, particularly the Thinkbox shareholders.
They will be an excellent presenter, have good communication skills and outstanding attention to detail, as Thinkbox must be authoritative and accurate at all times. They will have expert knowledge of the major TV planning tools and systems.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and team player who is driven by making a difference and getting a kick out of success.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a role with broad scope, is keen on maintaining/developing a high profile within the industry and wants to work for a fast paced and influential company.
- Reporting to: Head of Training
- Based: Thinkbox’s Holborn offices
- Role can be hybrid but you would be expected to be physically in the office for a minimum of two days a week and on key dates
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a covering letter and your CV to [email protected].
For further information, please download the document at the top of this page.