- Job title: Marketing Assistant
- Reports to: Heads of Marketing
- Flexible working arrangements available
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start their career in marketing and advertising, building on initial professional experience.
As our Marketing Assistant, you will work across the entire marketing mix including print, online, social media, events, video, content marketing and branding, our TV advertising, supporting the team on various activities and leading some of your own projects. You will also be responsible for delivering front of house and administration duties at our Victoria office.
Reporting into the two Heads of Marketing you will benefit from training in all areas and gain solid experience to further develop your career in the industry.
This role requires an enthusiastic approach to the work, as well as energy, commitment and initiative. The role would suit a candidate with a minimum 6 months experience in a professional environment who has a passion for all things TV.
- Creating and publishing website content using the content management system
- Creating newsletter content and monitoring and reporting of email performance
- Creating and publishing social media posts to promote our online content and events programme
- Assisting with events programme from planning of the event, looking after RSVPs, to on the day support
- Working with the website and film team on the planning and production of video content
- Maintaining marketing resources such as the image library, magazine library and industry events calendar
- Marketing project work – assisting the Heads of Marketing and the wider team on various projects
- Administration – some team administrative tasks will be assigned to the marketing executive when required such as meeting organisation, sourcing thank you gifts etc
- Office support and front of house – the role requires office support such as answering the phone, greeting guests, arranging couriers, preparing rooms and catering for meetings and other similar tasks.
Required Skills/ Experience
- 6 months office experience in a professional role, ideally with some marketing experience
- Basic knowledge and keen interest in marketing and advertising
- Writing ability – confidence in writing some web and email content
- Experience with social media (Twitter & LinkedIn)
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with juggling a range of tasks and a ‘muck-in’ attitude
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and remain calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on additional tasks as required and learn new skills
- The ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Good knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook and Excel
- Good timekeeping and excellent attendance records
- Professionalism, high standards and eagerness are all essential
Thinkbox is the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK, in all its forms. It works with the marketing community with a single ambition: to help advertisers get the best out of today’s TV.
Its shareholders are Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media and UKTV, who together represent over 99% of commercial TV advertising revenue through their owned and partner TV channels. Associate Members are Disney, TAM Ireland, Think TV (Australia), thinktv (Canada), TVN Media (Poland), TV Globo (Brazil), Tenk TV (Norway), DSTv (South Africa), and Virgin Media. Discovery Networks UK & Ireland and STV also give direct financial support.
TV has more to offer advertisers than ever before. In a cluttered media world, with new voices clamouring for advertisers’ attention, TV continues to stand out as proven, trusted and – most importantly – pre-eminently effective.
TV shapes popular culture. The investment our broadcasters make in premium quality TV shows catering to every taste – and available on any screen you wish – creates an advertising environment that is second to none.
From ensuring that the facts about TV are known (and myths challenged) to understanding how and why TV advertising works, explaining how TV is changing, showcasing innovative and affordable solutions and constantly providing the rigorous proof of effectiveness that advertisers need, Thinkbox is here to help businesses meet their marketing objectives.
In recent years, Thinkbox has won several industry awards for its research and marketing initiatives including Media Week Gold awards in 2018 and 2019 and an MRG award for Best Trade Body Research. Thinkbox’s most recent TV ad – ‘Tooth Fairy’ – can be seen on screens currently and is the sixth TV ad campaign from Thinkbox.
Thinkbox is a member of The Global TV Group, the informal grouping of TV broadcasters, sales houses, and trade bodies in Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and Latin America. The Global TV Group is a forum for sharing knowledge, exchanging best practice and collating global TV intelligence.
Thinkbox is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The organisation is currently based at Carlisle Place in London’s Victoria.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a recent CV and covering letter to [email protected].