Broadcaster VOD advertising formats
From clickable pre-rolls to full interactivity, broadcaster VOD advertising is always innovating. Here you can get the low down on the various VOD formats currently available from the UK TV companies
- Most VOD advertising is in the format of pre-, mid- and post-rolls which are clickable and typically deliver high CTRs
- Suites of iVOD (interactive VOD) formats are available from the TV companies that can be adapted to fit just about any brand purpose.
- Viewers can respond to an ad and then see the results of that interaction within the VOD player.
- Interactivity can take the form of a game, extra content, a competition, a synchronised product description, a social interaction, or something as simple as ‘choose your own ad’.
Pre-, mid- and post-roll VOD formats
Sponsorship, AFP, product placement
iVODs: interactive formats
“VOD innovations are evolving all the time so it’s worth speaking to the broadcasters if you have an idea that you want to investigate.”
- Increased brand engagement
- Multiple click-through to different products
- Increased click-through rates
- Uplifts in brand recall through higher engagements
- Increases in dwell time
- Increases in interaction rates
- Deeper engagement through user control
And at the deep end of the ‘deepen’ category, we find VOD microsites.
ITV’s Ad Explore Microsite allows for a compact mini-website experience to live within the video player with extra content for consumers to discover; for example, videos, downloads, offers or further product or service information. What’s more, with social media functionality, advertisers can engage with their audience through Twitter, Facebook and many more platforms.
Channel 4’s Ad bloom enables a similar microsite experience, which is initiated via a brief pre-roll and a branded custom transition. This format increases brand engagement and time spent with videos, product features, and photos. Functionality includes data capture.
- ITV http://www.itvmedia.co.uk/
- Channel 4 http://www.channel4sales.com/
- Sky Media http://www.skymedia.co.uk/
- UKTV http://www.channel4sales.com/platforms/uktv
- Turner http://www.turnermediainnovations.com/