Monday 21st November is World TV Day; the UN's celebration of the global cultural impact of television. This year, the theme for the day is 'attention', focusing on how TV draws viewers' attention to quality entertainment, societal issues, newsworthy events, and more.
To celebrate we've put together a gallery of the best TV adverts from around the world for 2022 with the help of some of our Associate Members: Tenk TV (Norway), TAM Ireland, ThinkTV (Australia), thinktv (Canada), TVN Media (Poland) and DStv (South Africa).
We hope you enjoy this selection of the best in TV ad creative from around the world.
Ads featured in this gallery:
- Australia: Uber Eats - Tonight I’ll be eating…
- Australia: Suncorp - One House to Save Many
- Canada: Ikea - Bring Home to Life
- Canada: Wealthsimple Crypto - Early Adopters
- Ireland: Denny - Grand, Dad
- Ireland: Island’s Edge - It's Better, Less Bitter
- Norway: Posten - When Harry Met Santa
- Poland: Yes - I am the woman
- Poland: Lubella - Koko Jambo
- South Africa: Chicken Licken - Big John
To find out more about attention as a metric for advertisers, you can find our 'Giving attention a little attention' research study here.