Boursin has returned to TV advertising after a 10-year absence, and resurrected its ‘Du pain, du vin, du Boursin’ strapline.
The soft-focus ad features a pair of French lovers frolicking in the countryside, bathed in the golden glow of late summer.
They chase each other across a field, before settling in the midst of the tall wheat, among dancing butterflies, for a romantic picnic. It looks to be an idyllic setting, but it is not to last. The camera pans out to reveal a combine harvester bearing down on the pair. The ad finishes simply with the endline ‘Fin’.
The TV campaign for the French soft-cheese brand follows its TV sponsorship of a number of ITV3 shows last year. It is intended to remind people about the Boursin product range and encourage a fresh generation of people to try the brand.
The “Du pain, du vin, du Boursin” strapline remains one of the most recognised in advertising; research indicated that consumers wanted it to stay. We have been amazed and extremely encouraged by the positive response to Boursin after 10 years off-air. It is the perfect time to remind people about the brand.
Ian Greengrass Marketing Director, Boursin
Client Ian Greengrass; Ad agency RKCR/Y&R; Creative team Nicola Hawes, Andy Forrest; Production company Hungry Man, Franco American Films; Director Steve Hudson
Other ads on the podium
Lynx Bullet: Pocket Pulling Power (2nd)
- Creative agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Creative team William Gelner, Andre Massis, Jordan Kramer
- Client Katie Lindridge
- Production company Gorgeous Enterprises
- Director Frank Budgen
Cravendale: Slurp (3rd)
- Creative agency Wieden & Kennedy
- Creative team Sam Heath, Frank Ginger, Sophie Lewis, Nicholla Longley
- Client Jessica Hardcastle
- Production company Nexus
- Director Pic Pic and André
- Creative agency JWT London
- Creative team Bruno Xavier, Ronnie Vlcek
- Client Katie Jordan
- Production company Superstudio
- Director Ty Evans
- Creative agency Saatchi & Saatchi
- Creative team Paul Silburn, Kate Stanners
- Client Mariano Dima
- Production company Academy
- Director Joey Garfield