The Thinkbox shortlist is in for September/October 2020. Who will top the Autumn shortlist this year?
Amazon Alexa ‘Ironing’
Two contrasting worlds - the everyday and the epic - collide in this spot in which a pair of elvish warriors are seemingly repeatedly commanded to re-enact a death scene by a chap doing his ironing.
- Creative agency: Droga5
- Creative team: David Kolbusz, Shelley Smoler, Jonathan Thake, Ethan Bennett
- Production company: Biscuit Filmworks
- Director: Andreas Nilsson
Bloom & Wild ‘Care Wildly’
This launch film for tech flower-delivery brand Bloom & Wild eschews any overly-sentimental category tropes and injects boldness and exhilaration into the act of caring for one another.
- Creative agency: Other
- Client: Bloom & Wild
- Production company: Academy Films
- Director: Jack Driscoll
Lloyds Bank ‘Forever Forwards’
Lloyds Bank's iconic black horse gallops alongside the people and businesses of Britain as they move forward, reflecting the bank's own commitment to support them into the future.
- Creative agency: adam&eve/DDB
- Client: Richard Warren
- Creative team: Ben Tollett, James Gillham, Graham Cappi
- Production company: Rogue
- Director: Sam Brown
McDonald's ‘The Gift’
A young boy receives his Mum's old car from his parents on his birthday. We follow his journey from embarrassment in front of his mates to a McDonald’s Drive-thru where he realises the freedom the car gives him and buys some McDonald's for his Mum in appreciation.
- Creative agency: Leo Burnett London
- Creative team: Chaka Sobhani, Mark Elwood, Pete Heyes, Gareth Butters
- Client: Hannah Pain
- Production company: Pulse Films
- Director: 32
O2 'You & Me’
Despite most of us relying on it for so many things in our lives, we never actually see our phone network. Until now, that is - if you're with O2. Meet Bubl, the O2 network personified in a little blue robot, who is with you through thick and thin.
- Creative agency: VCCP
- Creative team: David Masterman, Pip Bishop, Chris Hodgkiss
- Client: Simon Valcarcel
- Production company: Independent. Post - MPC
- Director: Gary Freedman
Read the full September/October shortlist article live on Campaign here.