The key viewing figures
- During January people in the UK watched an average of 2 hours, 29 minutes of commercial linear TV a day.
- Total linear TV viewing (including BBC) was 3 hours, 44 minutes a day, a decrease of 11 minutes in comparison with last year.
- The number of impacts for various audiences has decreased compared to January 2016.
- The total weekly reach of TV for individuals remains high at 93.8%.
- Commercial TV viewing amongst ABC1 adults has decreased by 3 minutes in comparison to January 2016. Other key advertiser audiences such as 16-34s and Men decreased by 11 minutes and 5 minutes, respectively, from the previous year.