We’re looking for a curious and analytically-minded Research Executive to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Research, the Research Executive will be a core member of the Research Team which commissions, manages and presents our continuous programme of research studies. The role will involve regular analysis of industry data sources as well as support and involvement in our primary research initiatives.
The key elements of the role will be as follows;
- Developing and producing our regular viewing reports which examine the evolving TV landscape. Analysing and interpreting viewing data using audience analysis systems (e.g. BARB, IPA Touchpoints, comScore).
- Conducting desktop research to uncover new viewing trends, facts and insight from across the industry.
- Creating and updating our series of modular presentations that we take out to agencies and advertisers. Ensuring that the information and topics are relevant and useful to our core audiences.
- Ownership of the Research and ‘Nickable Charts’ sections of the Thinkbox website, ensuring they’re constantly up to date and relevant. Generating ideas for new content and ways to refresh existing material.
- Supervising ongoing quantitative research projects. Liaising with external research agencies and data suppliers, managing the outputs and presentation of findings.
- Commissioning and managing new waves of vox pops; liaising with internal stakeholders in relation to edits; managing our library of vox pop content.
- Answering agency and advertiser queries and requests relating to our proprietary research studies.
- Involvement in the development of our large proprietary research studies using a range of methodologies, from ethnography through to econometrics.
- Regularly coming up with new and creative ways to present TV viewing data.
- Working closely with the Heads of Research and Research & Planning Director on complex data analysis using multiple data sources.
- Contribution to, and writing of, research-related blogs and opinion pieces that are hosted on the Thinkbox website.
- Data analysis to support PR initiatives (both Thinkbox press releases and responses to articles/stories in the advertising trade press).
- Support with booking Thinkbox presentations at agencies and advertisers, and organising Thinkbox training sessions, when required.
- Providing ad hoc support to the marketing team in preparation, and during, Thinkbox events.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a passion for television both as a viewer and for its role as an advertising medium. They will have a good sense of the programmes and schedules produced by UK broadcasters, particularly the Thinkbox stakeholders, as well as a good understanding of how future technological developments will impact upon the media’s future.
We’re looking for somebody with a curious mindset. Someone who is keen understand what’s happening beneath the surface and always looking for better, and new, ways of doing things. With a confident approach to their work, we expect this person to be flexible and enthusiastic and enjoy working within a team of people of varying disciplines. We need someone who is highly comfortable with numbers and data, but who also knows the best way to present data that makes an impact.
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years’ experience in a research, insight or data role at a research agency, media owner, or equivalent consultancy.
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods, experience of working with research data sets.
- Experience of working with media measurement/research systems such as BARB, TGI, comScore, IPA Touchpoints etc.
- Ability to demonstrate keen attention to detail and accuracy in previous work.
- Comfortable working with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience of - or interest in – presenting research findings.
- Highly articulate, both verbal and written.
If you’re interested in being our new Research Executive, apply with a current CV to [email protected].
Thinkbox is the television marketing body for the main UK commercial broadcasters – ITV, Channel 4, Sky Media, Turner Media Innovations and UKTV who between them, and their partner TV channels, represent over 99% of commercial TV ad revenue in this country.
Thinkbox works with a single ambition: to help advertisers get the best out of television. We do this through informing, inspiring and involving the ad community in everything to do with television.
We pitch ourselves primarily at advertisers, media and creative agencies and our activities centre around these core audience groups. We engage with these audiences in a host of ways including a comprehensive and diverse research programme, our website, events, training, films and awards and we continually strive to keep things fresh and relevant.
We have always invested heavily in research and our work in this area usually provides the cornerstone of the Thinkbox marketing strategy and also forms the backbone of many of our events and presentations, both in-house and at conferences in the UK and around the rest of world.
With numerous high-profile projects under our belt, Thinkbox have forged a reputation for commissioning high quality, innovative and robust research and we have won many industry awards as a result.
Examples of our past research projects can be found here: