This is a fantastic entry level opportunity for someone looking to learn more about marketing and advertising. The role is split into two areas of responsibility, both of equal importance to the business.
As our Front of House you will be the face of Thinkbox and many people’s first contact with the business whether on the phone or in person. The ideal candidate will need to be a welcoming and courteous host to all our visitors and clients, to handle phone calls and queries promptly and to maintain the reception and visitors’ area as a friendly and hospitable space. We want every contact our visitors and clients have with Thinkbox to be a positive experience.
Working within the Marketing team you will work across the marketing mix including website, social media, events, content, video, publications and branding. Reporting into the joint Heads of Marketing, you will benefit from training in all areas and solid experience to kick start a career in the industry.
High standards, eagerness and perfectionism are all essential. This role requires an enthusiastic and supportive approach to the work, as well as energy, commitment and initiative.
Front of House
- Dealing with all incoming telephone calls and queries promptly and in a responsive and courteous manner
- Meeting and greeting visitors and clients at all levels of seniority, offering drinks etc.
- Booking and maintaining meeting rooms
- Arranging refreshments and catering for meetings, presentations and training
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post and managing the Reception email box
- Keeping the reception tidy and welcoming
- Organising all courier and cab bookings, staff travel and accommodation
- Creating and publishing website content using the content management system (CMS)
- Producing and publishing content on social media channels
- Assisting with events programme from planning of the event, looking after RSVPs, to on the day support
- Working with the website and film team on the planning and production of video content
- Responsibility for branded/promotional materials
- Maintaining marketing resources such as the image library, magazine library and industry events calendar
- Helping out as required with miscellaneous support
- Project work – assisting the Heads of Marketing and the wider team on various projects e.g. production of publications.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong communication skills (telephone, written and in person)
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with juggling a range of tasks
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and remain calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Willing to take on additional tasks as required and learn new skills
- The ability to be discreet and maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Good knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook and Excel
- A keen interest in marketing and advertising
- Good writing skills
- Good timekeeping and excellent attendance and health records
- Previous marketing experience is a bonus but not required as all training will be provided
- Professionalism, high standards and eagerness are all essential
The Ideal Candidate
Thinkbox is a great place to work and we are looking for someone who will really fit in. In terms of personality, this would be someone who has a passion for all things TV, who is friendly, really organised, pro-active, hard-working, good on detail, inquisitive, enthusiastic, collaborative, positive, service and delivery focused, has high standards, is keen to develop new skills, and happy to turn their hand to anything that will further the organisation’s objectives of helping people get the best out of television.
Why work for Thinkbox
Thinkbox has a big voice in the media and advertising landscape in the UK and as such gives the successful candidate a unique opportunity with exposure to all sides of the industry and an unrivalled training programme. We believe that there is no better platform to begin a well-grounded career in media, marketing or advertising.
Thinkbox is a tightly knit team of 20 and so there is a wide diversity of responsibility across every role. This means there is a huge opportunity to learn new skills, build a strong understanding of the market and be a part of a passionate, ambitious team who are working on a number of exciting projects.
Thinkbox is the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK, in all its forms. It works with the marketing community with a single ambition: to help advertisers get the best out of today’s TV.
Its shareholders are Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media, Turner Broadcasting and UKTV, who together represent over 99% of commercial TV advertising revenue through their owned and partner TV channels. Associate Members are Discovery Networks Norway, Disney, TAM Ireland, Think TV (Australia), thinktv (Canada), TVN Media (Poland), TV Globo (Brazil), TV 2 (Norway), TV 2 (Denmark), DStv (South Africa), and Virgin Media. Discovery Networks UK & Ireland and STV also give direct financial support.
From ensuring that the facts about TV are known (and myths challenged) to understanding how and why TV advertising works, explaining how TV is changing, showcasing innovative and affordable solutions and constantly providing the rigorous proof of effectiveness that advertisers need, Thinkbox is here to help businesses meet their marketing objectives.
The organisation launched in February 2005 and is based at Carlisle Place in Victoria, London.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a covering letter and your CV to [email protected].
For further information, please download the document at the top of this page.