- Why TV?
- Harvey and Rabbit
- TV at a Glance
- TV Effectiveness
- TV Planning
Spots and ad Innovation
- TalkTalk launches user-generated X Factor idents
- Alan Carr back to hijack Channel 4’s Comedy Gala 2014 ad break
- C4 & Google Play Music in world first with Sam Smith ad-break takeover
- Groundbreaking LEGO ad break
- Sky AdSmart launches after six-month trial
- Xbox One gets contextual with Fresh Meat and Gogglebox
- Argos asks public to pick a #giftforsanta
- Alan Carr and Jimmy Carr hijack the ad breaks in Channel 4’s Comedy Gala 2011
- Kabuto makes world’s first ever live improvised ad break
- C4 air French ads from L'Oreal and Renault in The Returned
- The Guardian TV ad: great event advertising in a perfect slot
- Honda characters ‘jump' from TV ad to iPhone app
- T-Mobile finds new voice at Terminal 5
- Spots in a nutshell
- It's Epic - quality content & the long form ad
- Classic Ads
- Sponsorship & branded content
- Buying Airtime
- Thinkbox app for iPad
- TV Technology Glossary
- TV Advertising Glossary
- Clearcast: TV advertising clearance and attribution
- Spots and ad Innovation
- TV Ad Galleries
- The Thinkboxes
- Case Studies
- Nickable Stuff
- Events and Training
- Hot Topics
- About Us
"At last my love has come along, my lonely days are over". So begins this latest piece of event advertising from T-mobile as the brand welcomed passengers to London's Terminal 5. An estimated 35,000 passengers coming through arrivals were greeted by a crowd of 300 delivering some tuneful a capella, including; 'I am the passenger' by Iggy Pop, Thin Lizzy's 'The Boys are Back in town', 'I knew you were waiting' by George Michael and Aretha Franklin and of course, Peters and Lee's 'Welcome Home'.
The attendant "vocal orchestra" used their skills to recreate the sound of instruments including guitars, violins, cello, flutes and drums, whilst eighteen hidden cameras film the action.
The ad was well promoted prior to its launch and burst into song during the first ad break after 10pm on all major UK commercial channels, and simultaneously on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
"Welcome Back" is a follow-up to previous Saatchi & Saatchi ads for T-Mobile, including the award-winning "Dance" filmed at Liverpool Street train station and "Sing-along", filmed in Trafalgar Square with Pink.
Media planning and buying was by MediaCom and viral video marketing by Unruly Media.
Emotional, engaging, brilliantly performed, an excellent continuation of the brand promise "life is for sharing", and three minutes long: you can't ask for more than that.
Many congratulations to all involved. Indeed, "Welcome Back".