- Harvey and Harmony
- The Power of TV
- TV at a Glance
- TV Effectiveness
- TV Planning
- TV Toolbox
- TV Ad Galleries
- The Thinkboxes
- Case Studies
- Nickable Stuff
- Events and Training
- Thinkbox Blog
- About Us
Thinkbox Annual Review 2014 - just the slides
After broadcast TV reached record levels as on-demand began to flourish, new patterns of viewing are emerging and there’s a new TV landscape taking shape. It is nuanced, it raises new opportunities for advertisers, it reflects how modern viewers want to enjoy TV and it raises measurement challenges.
- 3 hours, 41 minutes of linear TV on a TV set per day (live/playback/on-demand within seven days of broadcast) – down 4.7% year on year
- 3 minutes, 30 seconds per day via devices such as tablets, smartphones and laptops – up 17% year on year
- The decline in viewing has been driven by a loss at the heavier end of the viewing spectrum, with the number of viewers watching over 20 hours a week down by 9% since 2010.
- We watched an average of 2 hours, 25 minutes of commercial linear TV per day – down 5.2% from 2013
- 2014 was a record year for TV ad revenue which totalled £4.91bn, up 6% on 2013
- The average viewer saw 45 TV ads a day in 2014
- Top five most viewed TV advertisers in 2014 were P&G, Unilever, Sky, Reckitt Benckiser and Mars
How to use the presentation player
Above you will find an interactive PowerPoint player, to move backwards and forwards through the presentation just use the navigation panel in the bottom left-hand corner.
You can download a PowerPoint version of this presentation by clicking on the download button above. If you do not see the Download button you will need to login above.