- Harvey and Rabbit
- TV at a Glance
- Getting Started on TV
- TV Effectiveness
- TV Planning
- TV Toolbox
- TV Ad Galleries
- The Thinkboxes
- Case Studies
- Nickable Stuff
- Events and Training
- Hot Topics
- About Us
Monthly TV Report – January 2014
- People in the UK watched an average of 2 hours 37 minutes of commercial linear TV a day during January
- Total linear TV viewing (including BBC) was 4 hours 2 minute a day
- Commercial TV’s share of linear viewing in January 2013 was 66%
- Total commercial impacts were down slightly by -3.4% year on year
- The top five most watched TV advertisers in January were DFS, Oak Furnitureland, Money Super Market.com, Trivago and Confused.com.
According to the latest figures from the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board (BARB), commercial TV impacts in January 2013 were slightly down by -3.4% on January 2013. This represents an increase of 1.3% compared to five years ago.
Commercial TV continued its dominance of viewing in January, accounting for 66% of total linear TV viewing, although it did decrease on last year with the average viewer watching 2 hours, 37 minutes of TV each day – 11 minutes less than last year.
Across the key advertiser audiences, commercial TV viewing in January remained fairly consistent with last year although there were some decreases. Men watched 2 hours, 34 minutes a day, down 9 minutes; 16-34s watched 2 hours, 6 minutes a day, down by 10 minutes; and viewing among ABC1 adults also decreased on last year by 6 minutes to 2 hours and 11 minute a day.
Total linear TV viewing in January (including BBC channels) decreased 19 minutes compared with last year; with the average viewer watching 4 hours, 2 minute of TV a day.
How to use the presentation player
Above you will find an interactive PowerPoint player, to move backwards and forwards through the presentation just use the navigation panel in the bottom left-hand corner.
You can download a PowerPoint version of this presentation by clicking on the download button above. If you do not see the Download button you will need to login on the right.