Job Title: Marketing Manager (7 month contract)
Reports to: Acting Head of Marketing
Dates: August 2017 – February 2018
Thinkbox is the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK, in all its forms – broadcast, on-demand and interactive. It works with the marketing community with a single ambition: to help advertisers get the best out of today’s TV. Its shareholders are Channel 4, ITV, Sky Media, Turner Media Innovations and UKTV, who together represent over 90% of commercial TV advertising revenue through their owned and partner TV channels. Associate Members are RTL Group, Virgin Media, TalkTalk, London Live, Norway’s SBS Discovery and Australia’s ThinkTV. Discovery Channel UK, UTV and STV also give direct financial support.
TV today has more to offer advertisers than ever before, not least because this growing medium remains at the heart of popular culture and advertising effectiveness. From understanding how audiences engage with TV advertising, uncovering what the latest technological developments mean, explaining innovative and affordable solutions, and encouraging creativity to providing the rigorous proof of effectiveness that advertisers need, Thinkbox is here to help customers meet their marketing objectives.
In the last two years, Thinkbox has won a number of awards including Media 360’s Industry Body of the Decade, which was voted for by the advertising community; Best Business to Business Marketing at The Marketing Society Awards for Excellence; the Grand Prix award for Best Media Research of the Year from the Media Research Group; the awards for Advertising and Media Research from the Market Research Society; and its TV advertising has been awarded by The British Television Advertising Awards/ The British Arrows, the APA, D&AD and Creative Circle. Thinkbox’s ‘Harvey the dog ad’ was voted 2010’s Ad of the Year by a poll of ITV viewers, with the follow up TV Ad – ‘Harvey & Rabbit’ – appearing in Nielsen’s study of the Most Liked Ads of 2012 and Campaign’s Top 10 TV & Cinema Ads of 2012.
The organisation launched in February 2005 and is based at Carlisle Place in Victoria.
The Role and Responsibilities
This role will support the marketing team, helping to cover resource requirements during maternity leave. It is a great opportunity in a busy team and would suit someone with varied marketing experience looking to learn more about Advertising and TV.
The Thinkbox Marketing team consists of four people; Head of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive and Marketing Assistant. Collectively, these four people look after everything from Thinkbox’s TV advertising, partnerships, awards, press and banner ads, direct mail, events, newsletters, film production management, database development to Thinkbox’s very own award schemes and the brand itself.
As we are a small team, the environment is very much collaborative with everyone rolling up their sleeves to help others on projects big and small.
As well as working as a team across various projects, each member of the team also has a portfolio of activities that they individually project manage and implement.
The Marketing Manager in this maternity contract role will be responsible for delivering the following programme of activity:
- Thinkbox run a number of high quality events throughout the year educating the media industry on how to get the best out of todays TV. This role will be responsible for the management of a number of events in the calendar.
- Working with the wider thinkbox team on deciding agenda, identifying speakers, speaker briefs, slide and material collation for the event.
- Managing the entire registration programme from invite copy and design to registrations
- Website materials related to the event
- Managing suppliers – venue, streaming company, print house etc
- Working closely with the team you will draw together all the elements of these publications; commissioning and delivering the writing, design, printing and distribution to schedule
Thinkbox print advertising
- Thinkbox publishes a number of ads in industry trade press throughout the year. You will be responsible for briefing the design agency and managing production, managing the publisher and ensuring ads are delivered on schedule.
Project management of case study film programme and other films
- We produce a number of films and AV content throughout the year for publication on Thinkbox.tv and through other channels. You will be responsible for working with the web team on the planning and production of these films and then on publication and promotion.
Publishing & Direct Mail
- Thinkbox produces three to four significant DM pieces throughout the year in the form of high quality booklets, each designed to inform and inspire
Web content contribution
- Creation of web content on a monthly basis, taking direction from the Head of Marketing.
The Ideal Candidate
Thinkbox is a great place to work and we are looking for someone who will really fit in. In terms of personality, this would be someone who has a passion for all things TV, who is friendly, really organised, pro-active, hard-working, good on detail, inquisitive, enthusiastic, collaborative, positive, service and delivery focused, has high standards, is keen to develop new skills, and happy to turn their hand to anything that will further the organisation’s objectives of helping people get the best out of television. Please also see attached Thinkbox Values.
- Ideally 4 years+ marketing expertise
- A good understanding of advertising.
- Experience of campaign development and the production of advertising and printed materials
- Events management experience
- Proven project management skills
- Efficient time management
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work simultaneously on a number of projects
- High level of proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
To apply please click on the link below and submit your CV.